Rent reviews are a regular feature of commercial property life.
Often contentious, review negotiations are most often affected
by the length and nature of a client's lease, comparable rental
evidence available for review, the negotiation skills and specific
strategies employed by both parties to achieve opposed objectives.
Rent Review Procedure
- Full review of business objectives
- Physical inspection of subject property
- Review of all lease documentation and licences
- Property market research (on and off market sources)
- Liaison with solicitors
- Liaison with other tenants/landlords and their representatives
- Making recommendations and giving budgetary advice prior to negotiations
- Negotiation based on agreed parameters
- Reporting throughout on progress and any changes to strategy
- Arbitration proceedings